Friday, April 07, 2006

I Had To Give In...

...and schedule a dentist appointment for next week.
Ever since the age of 15, when Dr. Schrader gave me four fillings and never offered up anesthesia of any kind, I've had this insane fear of dentists.
It kills me that they just nonchalantly lay all their torture devices neatly in front of you so that you can vividly imagine the horror that you're about to endure.
I can still picture 15-year-old Courtney, sitting there scared and in pain, feet straight out in front of me and not even touching the chair, knuckles white from my hands clenching the seat, tears welling up in my eyes. It was my first set of fillings and I didn't even know that deadening my teeth was an option. But as a dentist, you let people know these things!
Because here it is, 11 years later and I'm still scared.
You bastard!

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That is so wrong. They did that to my husband. Just whatever you do, don't go to castle dental. They are the worst. Just tell them that you want to have pain medication so that you don't feel it.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Don't be afraid ladie. They hardly ever use all those tools at once. ;)

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

After my whole wisdom teeth incident...I have no interest in going back to the dentist.

I'll say a little prayer for you. :0)

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I actually liked and miss my dentist back in Philadelphia. He'd used so much novacane I'd actually fall asleep in his chair when he was drilling away...

I'm looking for a guy like that around here now.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I had one really bad experience when I was in the army...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home