Monday, September 25, 2006

Diva?

Wow - I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last blogged. So much going on these days, it's not even funny.

I had this really big presentation that I had to give at work on Friday, so I spent every night last week preparing for it. And when I still didn't feel prepared on Friday morning, I decided to use Beyonce's trick to help me get through it.
Evidently, when Beyonce is feeling like she can't handle something, she calls on the Diva side of her personality, "Sasha," to handle it. She distances herself and is like, "Sasha's a diva. She's fierce. She can do anything."
It sounds weird, and a bit like a multiple personality issue, but hey - whatever works, right?
So literally 5 minutes before the presentation, I was sitting in the bathroom pep talking myself - "Co's fierce. She's a diva. She knows this presentation front and back." And then I thought about how silly I must have looked, with my hands shaking in the bathroom stall while trying to convince myself that I was a diva, and I laughed enough to loosen myself up. Long story short, the presentation went really well - my manager, Shirley even told me I did "awesome," which is shocking coming from her. (Shirley really is fierce!)
So although Beyonce's trick didn't work in the way that I thought it would, it did help me get through the presenation. And thank goodness for that!

Oh, and p.s. - I found out on Friday during a routine vision screening test that I'm blind. Evidently, four years of working in front of computers has made my vision go from 20/20 to 20/50. And you're supposed to have 20/40 vision to drive. Go figure.

5 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

hahaha I have really messed up eyesight too--one is near-sighted and the other is far-sighted...so when I can't see something I just close one eye, depending on where the focus is...

What's comforting is that you still drive, with all this in mind... ;)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger mindtwister said...

Don't feel bad about the eyesight...mine are bad too. I can't even read street signs up close...but I'm still on the roads...lol

You go with your bad self you Diva you!!!!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. I can just picture you now sitting in the stall talking to yourself. Wonder how many people were sitting nearby listening to you. :o)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

My husband can only pass the eye test at the dmv if he closes his bad eye. But then again, he has glasses so it doesn't matter. Congrats on your presentation.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've gotten worse too... From 20/17 to 20/19 vision...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home