Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ahh, the Alum...

Got a ticket yesterday.
Right outside of my freaking house.
Evidently, I came to a "rolling pause" at the stop sign in front of my house.
And a "rolling pause" does, in no way, qualify as a "stop."
So I got a ticket that literally read, "disregarded stop sign."

Oh hell no. I didn't "disregard" the stop sign. I (allegedly) rolling paused, remember? Which implies a general regard for the stop sign, does it not? I noticed it, acknowledged it, (allegedly) temporarily paused for it. He should have put that on my ticket, right?
And now, the defensive driving alum (me) will again give up another precious four hour block of time on a Saturday, no less, to sit in a class and discuss the differences in stopping (what I should have done) and pausing (what I allegedly did).

Damn.

Disclaimer: This post was informational only. By posting this, Courtney in no way claims guilt for the alleged rolling pause claim of the SFPD. Courtney maintains her innocence and will be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

6 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

omg..you guys have to go to a class for (allegedly) disregarding a stop sign?! That's...hilarious. Almost like detention, all over again!

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

I do that and my lady calls it the California stop. Too funny!!!

I've never been ticketed for it before though ;)

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! That above post was me!


mindtwister

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god why did you not go to law school ladie...you so sound like a lawyer

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

FYI, if you have time warner digital cable you can take your defensive driving through the I controll feature.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Travelin' PT said...

Court--in Illinois we don't even have a choice to sit in a class--well I didn't the last 2 times I got speeding tix. I am very fond of the California roll. Not sure why it is referred to as that. Why not Texas roll or Arizona roll or Illinois roll. Is it b/c those people in CA are too cool to stop?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home