Monday, August 21, 2006

Ode to Lisa

So this weekend is the weekend that I've been looking forward to and also dreading for so long. On Friday, I'll be going to Dallas to see my Shibbie for the last time before she leaves for her year-long venture to Japan. JAPAN.
For the last eight years, Lisa has been my best friend. Absolutely, positively my best friend in the world.
She currently lives in Cali, but we've still somehow found ways to talk every single day. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. As if we still live in the same zip code.
There's nothing that happens that she doesn't know about. Nothing I'm feeling that I don't discuss with her. Nothing I cry about that I don't tell her. Nothing I laugh about that I don't share with her.
She's seen me through good times and bad times: starting and finishing college, breakups with boyfriends, the loss of friends, drunken nights at the bar, growing up and not going to the bar so much, several moves, starting and ending jobs, weddings, showers...The list goes on and on.
And for the first time, it feels like I'm telling her goodbye. Maybe not goodbye forever, but goodbye for awhile. And I'm sad.
But I'm also happy for her, and I know she has so many adventures ahead of her.
While I'm really excited to see her this weekend, I'm also really sad to think about Sunday. So maybe I'll just postpone those thoughts for awhile...
I love you Shibbie :)

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

Why you make me cry!

Im so excited about this weekend. And as far as Im concerned--Sunday doesnt exist. Not yet anyways!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home