Monday, April 04, 2005

Dear Abby

Today is the first day of my independent writing career. A woo hoo! I bought myself a laptop today, so that I can't use the fact that my husband goes to bed earlier than I do as an excuse not to write each night. This month, I'm devoting my spare time to brainstorming, and then my goal is to write a chapter every month until the book's finished. And then the editing and re-editing will commence. Seriously, it could be a good ten years until I finish this thing...
I've been so torn about career choices for the past few months. I have a love/hate relationship with my current job, but when it comes down to it, I really have grown attached to my co-workers. At the same time, I love to write and the only writing gig I have going right now is this question and answer column that I do for Social Security. But that's not writing...I'm the Dear Abby of SSA. It's not like I get to be creative or fun with that. There aren't too many ways to spice up an answer to a Medicare question. God knows I've tried...
So I'm hoping this will be a good solution to my career problems. Wish me luck with the book!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home