Friday, June 24, 2005

So Much Fun

Where to start on the San Diego trip?
First of all, it was a blast. Stacie was in charge of renting the car, and she managed to get us a 2005 Mustang convertible. Nice.
We went to Balboa Park and saw the Japanese Botanical Gardens and all kinds of museums, which was neat. We went to the San Diego Zoo and I got to see pygmy chimps (very exciting!) and panda bears, polar bears, elephants, etc - all your typical zoo stuff, except this had to have been the biggest zoo ever. We walked for 3 hours and still didn't see everything, so we hopped on a tour bus and got the highlights. Good stuff. We went to this place called Belmont park, which is much like the Kemah Boardwalk with all these shops, restaurants, rides and a rollercoaster, on a beach. At the top of the roller coaster - which is probably the jerkiest ride I've ever been on because at one point, I seriously thought my neck and head had fallen right off of my shoulders - you could see the ocean for miles and miles. It was awesome. And finally, we went to LaJolla, which is this town in the hills on the coast, where you get the most amazing views of the ocean. We walked the beach and drove the scenic route, where you can view the Pacific from the top of a hill. I've never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.
Stacie and I stayed on Coronado island, which is just west of southern San Diego, so we had a great view of downtown San Diego and Petco Park from our hotel room. We literally could sit at our pool and look out at the bay and downtown San Diego.
And the best part of the trip was that one of my best friends from college, Lisa, came down on Wednesday. We basically just hung out - went to the beach and laid out at the pool - but it was so great to see her. I can see why she loves San Diego so much. It's a really neat place.
But I have to say, it was so good to be back home with my husband last night. I really missed him - I'm not used to being away that long, and I was getting a bit homesick yesterday.
I do, however, highly recommend San Diego - earthquakes or not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home