Friday, October 14, 2005

How Aggie Jokes Came To Be

I went to Texas A&M University, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies, birthplace of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Jokes. There are many different people/places/events that inspire these jokes, and I was fortunate enough to be a part of one such event.
One day, I was hungry for a Schlotzsky's sandwich, so I hopped in my car and headed over to Schlotzsky's. To my dismay, the line was horribly long, but I was hungry and willing to wait.
One by one, the cars pull up to order, sit for about 4 minutes (which is a ridiculous amount of time to sit and wait to order), then pull up to the pick-up window. I'm about the 6th car in line, so by the time I get to the screen where you order, I'm a bit upset.
So I sit there a few minutes, waiting for those 5 precious words, "Can I take your order?" I sit, and wait, and wait, much like the 5 cars before me. I start to get pissed. How long must one wait to give their order?
Just when I'm about to beat my head on the steering wheel, I notice the sign that says, "Closed for Remodeling."
DAMN!
And as I start to drive off in despair, I notice the car behind me pull up to the drive thru order screen and stop. There are about 4 cars behind him, waiting. And for a brief moment, I considered getting out of the car and telling them about the sign before they too waited unnecessarily. And then I thought better of it. This, after all, is what Aggie jokes are made of. And you can't deprive people of that...

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

hehehe . . . I can see you now, getting pissed and wondering what the hell was going on.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I would be sooooo pissed!

It drives me crazy when they make you sit there at the speaker and you wait and wait and wait. They never come on and tell you it will be a moment. You just sit there...

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the line was so long because those pizzas take like 10 minutes to cook...oh wait...i see...it was so long because of the remodeling...nevermind. But can you really blame them? I'd take forever to cook pizzas too if I had to work in a place that was being remodeled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home