Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Going running in my neighborhood is always an experience.
First of all, the hood rat boys in the neighborhood can always be counted on to shout out rude things such as, "Nice ASS" and "Gimme a piece of THAT" all the while mixing in whistles and "whoohoo" shouts as you run by. The kids are old enough to know better, so I've taken to flipping off the little bastards as I pass them. I don't even wait for the shouting to commence anymore. I just spot them and get middle finger into ready mode. Jackasses!
If they don't get to you, the little kids that follow you on their bicycles, riding dangerously close to your ankles and screaming, "beep beep" are sure to distract you. One kid actually clipped my ankles with his little trike one time. Jackasses in training, I tell you!
And if, by chance, you make it through the big and little kids, the animals are there as a last line of defense to ensure that unhealthy Americans stay that way. Just yesterday, I had gone jogging and ran across this beautiful little dog that ran up to me out of nowhere. It followed me for probably 1/3 of a mile, jumping on my legs and tripping me up. When, finally, I stopped to pet it, it starts crazy growling at me and bearing it's teeth. That's no good. Jackass animals too?
It's a conspiracy to force me indoors - I know it!
I can't do that. I've got the bad metabolism and my thighs are susceptible to dimpling!
Nobody wants that...

13 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

Take some pepper spray. Use it on anything that moves. That will teach those little jackasses!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boys just think your hot. I can see why theyre shouting at you.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Co you're my hero. "never give up, never surrender" that's your new motto. You know what you should do....be Miranda from sex in the city and call them out on, you know.....like she does to the construction worker.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Oh, I like that. Maybe I'll start punching the sky as I run and say to myself, "Never give up. Never surrender!" You know, as a pep talk for getting back in shape...
I did that all day before I dunked my Aggie Ring...walked around singing "Eye of the Tiger" and saying, "I'm a wall. I'm a ROCK!"
I still threw up afterwards, though...

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol!!! Those fuckers! Give 'em hell Courtney. Berly's right...get some pepper spray, they'll think twice before screwing with you again.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I would try running in a park so that you don't have to worry about it. It might be a drive but at least you will not be stressed out while running. B/c then, it's not even worth it.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Co, I never want you to say "my thighs are susceptible to dimpling!" again.

Why don't you just flash them like you do to me all the time? There was a point where I thought you were lovely, but once I saw the goods...uh-uh...it over.

Anonymous, huh? My ass...

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

To hell with the pepper spray. .357 magnums work wonder for people's attitudes!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Felicia - you totally missed the Will and Grace reference. That's one of my favorite quotes from that show!!!
And while I'm sure my time in jail would be enjoyable after flashing a 17 year old kid, I'd actually much rather save the goods for you :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey don't make me pull out the grandpa-flashing incident again ladie. Your goods aren't exactly a well-kept secret these days. But flashing some horny teenagers who are after your ass might put them into a wild frenzy of hormones. Unless you're looking for an excuse to add some sprints to your daily run, i'd keep the goods safely in your sports bra.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I thought about you last night while I was watching Sex and the City...

Charlotte's eyebrows were working their rear off... :0)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

SEE - it's all you can focus on once you notice it!!! That's hilarious :)

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch no Will or Grace, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home