Saturday, January 07, 2006

At The Boardwalk. BOARDWALK.

Kevin and I went to eat at the Kemah Boardwalk today. The best part about that is that on a day like today, you can eat outside and watch all the different people walk by.
And the only thing more interesting than that is sitting at a table within earshot of a bitter old lady who feels the need to comment on the passing people.
At one point, a slightly overweight kid wearing a "Got Jesus?" shirt walked by. He wasn't obese - just a little chunky. But the bitter old lady looked at the kid, laughed in this really evil way and said, "Looks like that kid's got more than just Jesus. He's had some chocolate in his time too, huh? Muahahaha."
A little later, there were two ladies walking by with strollers. Inside the strollers were not babies, but dogs. That's right. And when I saw that there were dogs inside, my heart dropped as I awaited the impending commentary.
Never one to disappoint, the evil lady practically shouted, "Why, those are the ugliest children I've seen in quite some time. Muahahaha."

I have to hand it to her: the woman had jokes. For the entire hour that we sat there next to her, she never ran out of sarcastic comments. She just spouted them off, one after another.
What is it about being really old that also makes you really mean?
My great grandma was the same way. The older she got, the meaner she got...and the more she seemed to like wearing the color peach.
I never want to get that old...

6 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was she alone? Because that would be even better...

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I can be quite sarcastic... But I've never been nor ever wish to be that mean-spirited.

I had a nieghbor like that when I was growing up... Never had a nice thing to say to anyone. She died old and alone.

Sometimes life does throw you curveballs, but I really hope that I never get that bitter...

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

She actually wasn't alone. There was a really old man that was with her. But he just sat there quietly as if he didn't hear her mean comments. Come to think of it, he seriously might have been deaf...which would explain how it is that he can deal with her on a daily basis.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

That is so gonna be me and Alan. ;)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Even though the comments were funny that she made, doesn't make them acceptable.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

omg.

That bitter, ornery old lady is soo going to be me...

...but I'd be bitter too if I was too old to wipe my own behind and my boobs were in my shoes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home