Monday, April 17, 2006

Gullible Co

I've always been one to get stuff wrong. With words, I mean. I can never quite understand exactly what it is that songs/movies/commercials are saying.
On television shows with sponsors, for instance, they cut to commercial and say, "Brought to you by...(insert sponsor name here)."
And until the age of like 13, I always wondered what "broughtude" meant exactly. As in "broughtude by..."
In Mariah Carey's song, "Dreamlover," I could never fully understand the line that went, "Cause I wanna share forever with you baby." So a friend of mine told me that it said "I wanna shivarivva with you..."
I bought it.
And for years I wondered quietly and to myself exactly what it meant to 'shivarivva.' I finally came to the conclusion that the shivarivva was a dance I had not heard of.
For months, I tried (without succeeding) to figure out exactly how you do the shivarivva...
Thank goodness for google.

9 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I have the same problem with music, I can't stand half of the words coming out of the song. The one I can think of is from Bare Naked Ladies, they have a song that I can sorta figure out but then they start singing fast and I can't stand a word they are saying. My brain is blank on the name of the song.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Katie said...

lol....i;m the same way with somethings.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

The Shivarivva. It's a cermonial dance that is done only once, on your seventeenth birthday, in the middle of an open field wearing leg warmers.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever heard the song by Alabama "If your gonna play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the band?"

Well I used to think it said, "If your gonna play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the van."

Same song different verse, "So rosin up that bow for faded love and let’s all dance."

I always thought it was "So rosin up that bowfofaded (one word) love and let’s all dance." For the longest time I always wondered what "bowfofaded" was, and what does it have to do with "Love"?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

LOL....you dork.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger kneedeep_in_surprise said...

I love listening to you sing "Toxic", Courtney. LOL...

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

You're not alone. Check this website out:

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

:)

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL Felicia - I don't even know half of the words to that song but I sing it like a champ!!! :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.kissthisguy.com/lyric.php?id=3522

Hell yeah! Hot Nachos!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home