Monday, September 10, 2007

"Get on the PIG SKIN!"

How is it already football season? I'm not sure how it snuck up on me so quietly, but it's definitely here, as is evident by the fact that my husband has been ignoring me all night, choosing instead to focus all of his energy on "the game."
Thinking about football always reminds me of this guy that I semi-dated during college. He was, and still is, a super nice guy. But much like my husband, he turned CRAZY when it came to football games. I can still remember the mortified feeling I got when I first attended a game with him. The screams of "HIT HIM IN THE MOUTH!!" and "GET ON THAT PIG SKIN!" still haunt me to this very day.
And it always makes me think about how life would be if girls were typically as crazy during sporting events as semi-ex-boyfriend tended to be. Just imagine the looks of shock that one would get, say, at the ice rink or the gymnastics meet if you just screamed out, "HIT HER IN THE MOUTH! YEAH!!! KNOCK HER OFF THAT BALANCE BEAM!"
I'm thinking of trying it out next time the Stars on Ice make their way to the Houston area...

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger honkeie said...

I might be a dude and hell even born in Texas but I still do not get the big whoop-la on watching sports. Now, I am not going to knock something that makes another person happy, I just dont get it. I am sure other ppl dont see why I find power lifting entertaining lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home