Sunday, October 23, 2005

Stupid Wobot

I babysat for our friends' son today. Jay and Kim went out looking for houses all day, and Kevin got called out to work, leaving Owen and me to watch the Astros.
Long story short, I wanted to watch the Astros, but I also didn't want Owen to be bored, and he's clearly not interested in watching baseball, being that he's four...
DING! Lightbulb above head comes on! Kids love gadgets, and I have a broken cell phone sitting on the kitchen counter ( it's the one I tossed into the lake a few months ago), so I figured I'd give him the phone to play with. So he's playing, and dialing, and talking, and wiggling, and dancing. He's basically being a four year old. Perfect time to run to the bathroom, right? Wrong. As I'm sitting in the bathroom, I hear Owen going, "NO WOBOT. I ALWEADY TOLD YOU DA NAME!" Shit, who's he talking to??? I truck it back to the living room, only to find Owen, trying to figure out voice commands on my cell phone. He had traded in the broken phone, opened my actual, working phone instead, and when it said, "Who would you like to call?" He replied, "My Papaw." Of course, my phone doesn't recognize this command, so it asks the question again, "Who would you like to call." This angers Owen, who in return says, "I told you alweady, I want to call My Papaw!" This exchange takes place for several minutes, causing me to start laughing at the sight of it, causing Owen to turn to me and say, "Iss not funny, Cowtney, this wobot wont stop messin' wif me." He then continues (to 'the robot'), "You not very good at ya job, wobot."
I was cracking up. He's hilarious...

And also, I take back every bad thing I ever said about beer at a baby shower. It was possibly the best time I've ever had at a shower, EVER. And that includes my own wedding shower, which I now know could have been much improved with the addition of a keg...but then again, hindsight's 20/20.
Sure we had to play some silly clothes pin game today, which I lost, but I had beer and barbecue to console me. No better consolation than that! So suck it up pregnant women, and embrace the alcoholic shower. Do it for your friends and family's sake!

6 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

babysitting's usually a great form of birth control. although, it's much easier when they're your own kids.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Your own kids will be a form a birth control. Especially mine. I love them to death and they are cute as a button but both of mine were born with weak ass stomachs and for the fist 5 months they cry day in and day out b/c of colic and after having my daught a few months ago, I remember why I it took almost 4 yrs to have my second one and I'm not having anymorme. Two is fine with me.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

It really wasn't funny Courtney. He was trying to call his Papaw! :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do have exchanges like that with my cell phone. I get the most irate when it says "I'm sorry you're having trouble with your voicemail...Goodbye." I scream "YOU ARE SOOOOO NOT SORRY! DON'T PATRONIZE ME YOU PIECE OF MOTOROLA CRAP!" He's right though, those robots really aren't good at their jobs.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

That was absolutley hysterical!!!!

My nephew is the very reason I'm not ready to have kids...I feel ya.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Actually, if anything he's made us more ready to have kids. We've had a blast!!! He's possibly the cutest little boy EVER :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home