Sunday, January 08, 2006

Balance, Co

Yesterday, I went bike riding with my little brother again. I mentioned previously about the dog problem around my parents' house...thus causing a bit of paranoia on my part that every unleashed dog is out to kill me.
So yesterday, we're on our last mile and I look up to see two unleashed, horse-like dogs awaiting our arrival at their driveway. I immediately switch into survival mode, start to stand up on my bike so that I can pedal faster, subsequently miss the pedal with my right foot and somehow manage to get my foot stuck underneath my bicycle.
So life goes into slow motion, of course, as I'm swerving out of control, trying to detach my foot from the underpart of the bike. My brother turns around just in time to see that I'm heading right for him, and before I can stop it, I literally crash into my poor, unsuspecting brother and cause him to be ejected from his bike seat as well.
The best part of it was that the two dogs just sat there staring at us in what appeared to be doggy astonishment. Not one of them moved an inch. Their work was done and they hadn't even had to do so much as bark. I'm sure they'll be telling that story to their puppies and grandpuppies...
Good stuff.

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

lol!!!
Oh ladie.
Are you ok?

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

I'm not gonna lie, Berle - it hurt a bit at first :) But there were people outside so of course I had to act like I was fine. So embarrassing. I'm ok now - only a small bruise to show for it!!!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh no. LOL. You poor thing. How embarrassing!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dogs were like "man, that's too easy. Like shootin fish in a barrel."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home