Saturday, February 18, 2006

Absent Blogger

So I've been blog absent lately.
Lots of stuff going on recently.
I discovered myspace.com, and I feel like I'm cheating on blogspot or something!! Like my computer time should be strictly devoted to blogger...but for all of you my space folks out there, here's my shameless plug: http://myspace.com/callmeco

Things have been pretty blah recently. Weather's nasty, our camping trip got canceled due to the rain, work's been hectic, etc.
On the upside, I did spend today watching Sex and the City. And one can never complain about a day of SEX!

Kevin and I have also been watching the Olympics likes the freaks that we are. Actually spent an hour this morning watching CURLING. You heard me right. And we giggled every time we got the chance to talk about what a great rock those men can throw. I love inserting my own commentary into random sports. It's such bizarre lingo. "He throws one hell of a stone."
But I'm hooked on it.
What is up with the Winter sports? Bobsledding? Curling? Ice Dancing?
Seriously?
I mean, I understand that these are not easy to do. I'd get my ass kicked in every one of these competitions. True enough. And I'll even take back what I said about bobsledding. There is a bit of an edge to that sport since one wrong move can lead to a violent and extremely cold death for those guys...
But riddle me this: How is it that they can drop Softball from the summer games and keep curling and ice dancing on the winter roster?
IT DOESNT' MAKE SENSE!!! :)

6 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Curling has to be the silliest 'sport' in the olympics...

Let's slide a huge rock down the ice ans sweep in from to if with brooms...

Leave it to the Canadians to come up with that.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I've been watching the games also. I prefer the winter games over the summer games. The snowboarding and stuff are alot more interesting than running.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

No - I actually really like most of the the Winter Olympics sports - skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, etc. I even really like curling, sadly enough :)

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You are cheating on us with My Space? Ugh. My Space is just a big personal ad.... :0( We miss you.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Your cheating.
Thanks for sending me the link. I shall join soon. But only so I can be a silent observer of others.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

omg. I heard on the news that the school board and many companies of our eastern province, Newfoundland, let everyone out at noon for the curling. Not fair--the one time I wish I lived in the sticks.

The phrase that made me laugh: "...waiting to see if our men with brooms will bring home the gold today..."

That creates an image that could rival a nude Jude Law, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home