Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Letter to Alli

Dear Puppy:

Thanks for all the cute things you do. Your puppy breath is funny, the fact that you fall over when you walk is adorable, your excitement is contagious. While I wouldn't trade you for the world, there are some important matters that we need to straighten out:

1) My house is not your toilet. Neither is my car. Please take note of this ever-so-important fact.

2) You only get a treat if you potty outside. Please do not shit on the floor and waddle to the pantry expectantly. You don't get a treat for that.

3) My Body By Victoria bra is not your chew toy. Neither are my shoes, my clothes or my hairbrush. Taking these items and parading them around the house is not acceptable. Commit that to memory, puppy.

4) Bedtime is not a time to cry and yelp and bark and make yourself so sick that you do your little puppy gag thingy. It will not get you out of your kennel. Go. To. Sleep.

5) When licking my face, please be careful not to bite my nose. Your teeth are like cute - but very real - knives; When you bite my nose, it hurts and makes my eyes water. That's not nearly as fun for me as it is for you.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation on these matters.

10 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Katie said...

LOL...thats great....i know how you feel...good luck

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tai said...

Tee HEE!!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Watch the Dog Whisperer on Discovery Channel for some tips.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awww. How cute. However...this is why I like outside dogs.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

lol
that is funny shit ladie

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Debbie Cakes said...

Awwww, poor little puppy. At least when the cat was a kitten, I showed her the litter box once and she got the picture.
On a lighter note, it's easier to potty train a small dog than a small human.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

LOL, yip, sounds like a puppy all right.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

too cute!! Love this post!

Seven does most of the same things, or used to...even now, she gets too excited sometimes and pees a little by accident...don't judge her...

Need...more...pics...of your puppy posted on here!!!!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Again, one more reason it'll be a long while befor I get another dog...

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Phoebe: That cracked me up - "don't judge her"
So funny - I sat at work today and laughed heartily, yet quietly to myself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home