Thursday, January 19, 2006

Worth It

So I finally got to pick up my bridesmaid's dress for Amy's wedding. And though there was initial drama with the dress shop hoe bag (see post dated 11/21/05), it was totally worth it. The dress is so pretty: simple and cocktail length, meaning there are no length alterations needed. Props to Amy for her sense of style.
I think we all know how dangerously awry the bridesmaid's dress can go. One minute you're there, feeling honored after being asked to take part in your friends wedding; the next minute, you're being choked and/or smotherd by your big ass puffy sleeves. Or you're feeling like Little Bow Peep, walking down the aisle with your sheep conspicuously absent from the ceremony. Or you have to wear some ridiculous hat. I mean, the possibilities for humiliation are endless, really.
I think some brides actually plot against the bridesmaids. As in, "Ha ha! If I make them look like fat cows, I'll look skinnier!"
Thanks be to God that I haven't had to take part in a wedding like that yet...
And thanks be to Amy for picking a pretty dress!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Katie said...

i know how you feel...but i had to wear that ugly dress in a wedding a year ago..it was the worst theng ever!
plus the hair do was even worse!!!!

i'm in another wedding in Sep but she picked out a wonderful dress...thank you god!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home