Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cadbury Should Post Some Sort of Warning

You know what sucks about the beginning of the year is that you always have high hopes for new beginnings. And when that new beginning doesn't equal an improved beginning, it can be so frustrating.
That, and you're left with all that damn holiday candy that's constantly beckoning for you to eat it. Like that effing chocolate orange that's been calling my name from the pantry for a good three weeks now. Took care of that one today. And the Hershey's Kisses that fill my candy jar and long to fulfill their life's dream of being eaten by me. They're scheduled for tomorrow.
I have to ration these things so that my body doesn't go into complete meltdown.
Last year, I tried that strategy with the Easter Cadbury Eggs. I got so hooked on them that the thought of being without them saddened me. So in an attempt to make Easter a year-long event, I stockpiled about 20 Cadbury eggs. I ate one to two per month for the first 7 months, and then on the 8th month, I was so bummed to find out that they only have about a 7-month shelf life. And then the sugar hardens and the chocolate turns white.
Bummer about that.
That information would have been extremely useful in about October or so...

8 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Try freezing them this year... They'll last longer!

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have posted this prior to christmas I could have brought you some Cadbury chocolate back from London. Nothing better than the chocolate covered caramel I had on the tube...

Fiesta sells cadbury stuff at premium prices if you need to solve your fix till easter...

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I am so lucky.
I hate cadbury eggs.
Can't stand them.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I love cadbury eggs. My husband didn't have one until about two yrs ago. He gets them every year now. As for all the candy for the holidays, I am guilty as charged. But I have kept over half of my christmas candy until now so I guess that's better than last year when it was gone a week later.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh...I LOVE Cadbury Eggs...I so wish they sold them year round.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Tom - good idea on the freezing. Will definitely try that this year.
Wes - when were you in London? Very cool...And thanks for the info on Fiesta!!!
Berly - BLASPHEMY!!! How can you hate Cadbury, for the love???
Linny and Drywall - nice to meet some fellow Cadbury lovers! We should start an "Americans for year-round Cadbury" campaign. I'll bet we could win some sort of public office with that stance alone.

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went for new years. I just emailed you my pics.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Tai said...

ALL chocolate should come with a warning, far as I'm concerned!

"WARNING: causes unslightly blemishes and fat build up...eat at own risk.

(I can say this...I'm not the biggest fan, but once in a blue moon, there's nothing like a good ol' Cadbury Creme Egg!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home