Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Valentine's Day of Old

One of the funnier Valentine's Day memories with Kevin was our first one together - Valentine's Day 2001.
Kevin bought me this beautiful card - pink and lacy (of course) with hearts and glitter. The words were amazing about how I made him complete, etc.
It really had me.
And then I turned the page and read, "And that's why I'm so proud to call you my wife."
WHAT? MY WIFE???
Temporary confusion set in.
And then I realized what had happened. The jackass hadn't even read the damn card. The card that I was practically weeping over. He had just picked the first card that he saw that was pink and lacy, and assumed it would work. The words and sentiment were clearly not his own. They were that of a random Hallmark writer.
And that's when Valentine's Day became dead to me.