Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Closet Pooper

Have I mentioned how irritating puppy can be???
She's smart - this I know because she already knows how to sit and shake hands, she instinctively picks up the handle end of her leash so as to avoid giving up control, and she stockpiles toys so the cats don't steal them from her.
But she REFUSES to use the bathroom outside at my house. Straight up refuses. She knows it's wrong, because she goes as far as to poop behind the curtains so as to hide it from me. And for that, there is no excuse. You know it's wrong. You know how to hide it. You should know how to go outside! DAMN!
So the other day, we had taken a "field trip" to my parents' house (where Alli evidently has more respect for belongings) and midway through the visit she looks at me, waddles to the door, SCRATCHES it and barks. She wants to go outside. What the hell is up with that?
SHE KNOWS!!!
So now my parents think I exaggerate about how hard she is to deal with, because at their house, she suddenly becomes the model for which all puppies should aspire to become.
Yet, as I write this, I can almost be certain that she's somewhere in the house, pooping and hiding it. And that pisses me off!

7 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

You puppy is selectively retarded...

Hope this problem clears up. I've been there, done that with two dogs.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL Tom - that's funny.
However, I do have to say that she's selectively ADD, not selectively retarded!!! :)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Well, at least poop is easier to clean than piss.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I hate it when dogs do that, they way that my parents have gotten their dogs to not do that is make a specific time for them when they go on walks and also to put them outside after they have eaten for about 45 min so that they can do their thing, it usually helps them understand that that is where they are suppose to go. Another thing you can do is get a spray bottle of water and everytime that they do it and you catch them in the act, spray water on their face. They hate that. It works with cats also if they are clawing up your couches. They hate it so they will associate it with going in the house.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

LOL, dogs do have a sense of humor

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Katie said...

that sucks.....hope you luck gets better....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home