Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dr. Ray - I Heart You!

Today, while sitting in the dentist chair, I was given a big decision to make.
Deal with five teeny little minutes of semi-pain (minimal pain, according to Dr. Ray) while the dentist replaced my filling sans anesthesia, or pay an extra $30 for those precious shots and deal with several hours of mouth/lip/tongue numbness.
And as I sit here, two hours after the fact, slurring my words, drooling on my clothes, and possibly biting my tongue off without even knowing it, I have no regrets. Nope, not even one. Because those five minutes that I sat in that dentist chair this afternoon were five of the most pain-free moments of my life.
Cheers to that!

Gas to get to the dentist's office: $2.50
Cost of anesthesia after insurance has covered its share: $30
Dry cleaning bill to remove saliva from my clothing: $5.00
Knowing that a man DRILLED into my tooth and I didn't feel a thing: priceless

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

LOL! Excellent choice Courtney!

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Ah, the pleasures of novacain...

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

lol
good stuff ladie

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Katie said...

lol..good choice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home