Sunday, May 07, 2006

Thoughts from CHI(lly) TOWN

Some noteable things about Chicago:

-It's COLD here in the mornings (have I mentioned that???)
-They have street signs on the interstate showing the way to neighboring states. We dont have that in the mass of land that is Texas. And I'll tell you why; there's no need because you can travel for 700 miles and still be in Texas. Blah.
-Their taxi drivers think you should double the speed limit and talk on cell phones, all the while ignoring EVERY law of the road. It's frightening really. And seemingly death-defying. I'm scared.
-It is the stereotypical big city: complete with a constant jack hammering sound from the building construction, people ALWAYS honking, rows and rows of tall buildings, underground roads, a huge homeless population, upscale shopping, scary ass cab rides, traffic traffic traffic, Starbucks EVERYWHERE.
It's just like being in a freakin' cold version of Houston. But in a good way :)

And also, after several days of forkin' out cash for cab fare, I call bullshit on Carrie from SATC taking cabs everywhere she went. No way. You never see that girl on the Subway...what's up with that?

5 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Think it's cold there now, try the middle of February!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I've totally thought about that with Carrie and cabs. Everytime I've taken a cab it costs me like $20 to go down the damn street.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

I am so jealous I did not come with you. But, I think Alan would have hated it.
Still cold?
How strange . . .

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the PLEASURE of meeting Miss Courtney (and Mr. Kevin) today at the White Sox game. What a treat! I explained to her about the need for GPS and the best way to eat a granola bar without all those pesky calories! (She said she would be mentioning us on here with our picture!!) It was great meeting you two! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and BTW.. the Sox DID win today!
Carolyn and Gina

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL Carolyn and Gina
You guys are the funniest people I've ever met. And I will be posting pics as soon as I get home tomorrow :)
Still laughing about the granola bar!!! Ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home