Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Expensive Weekend

Sure was.
Saturday I got up to discover that my tires were losing air, due to what my husband deemed, "inaction" on my part to get new tires after putting some 39,000 miles on my car. I maintain that tire maintenance falls under the duties of the husband. Regardless, I had to give in on Saturday and head down to Discount Tire (an ironic name, if you ask me) to hand over my hard earned money in exchange for the ability to continue driving my car without fear of a blowout. Fine.
Then, it was time to head to the optometrist. Turns out this girl was blind and in need of glasses for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was a truly sad day!!! LOL. Especially when I had to pick out glasses while my eyes were still dilated. I'm still nervous about that...
Following that event, I took my self to the local gym to look into membership packages. Granted, I shouldn't have gone. I was having a moment of weakness following my meeting with the optometrist, meaning I was probably going to be an easy sell for the manager of the gym.
To make a long story short, I left the gym an hour later with a two, count it, two-year membership to the local gym.
To sum it all up, I'm going to be driving smooth and seeing clearly, with sore muscles for the next couple of weeks.
What a weekend.

6 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

LOL!! "...had to pick out glasses while my eyes were still dilated. I'm still nervous about that..."

I always second-guess my choice for glasses for MONTHS after I get them anyway...except my current pair. Just as there is a shade of pink for every male, I believe there are a pair of trendy nerd frames for everyone!

Tires are brutal to get--all that money and you have nothing to try on when you get home, nothing tasty to eat...nothing fun to indicate a new lavish purchase...

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

P.S. speaking of gym memberships...maybe your new gym has a step class too? ;)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That sucks, I know sooner or later I'm going to have to get glasses, but I'm just avoiding the whole thing. As for the two yr member ship, just use it so that it's worth what you paid for. But then again, that's easier said than done, at least that'st how I am.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL Pheebs: "trendy nerd frames"
So funny!!!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

New tires are very important...

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You crack me up. I'm sure you'll gorgeous in your new glasses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home