Wednesday, October 26, 2005

RIP Lolita

I just closed out my favorite credit card, Lolita.
It was difficult, I won't lie.
We've had some good times together, Lo and me, and that card has been with me throughout some of the biggest and most spontaneous purchases of my life. But it's over now, and there's no use in dragging it out.
A moment of silence for Lolita. She was a good card - she swiped smoothly and did not judge when I charged $.96 for a burrito at Taco Bell. But I've got to do what's right for me...

A word of wisdom for all of you people out there who have to call your credit card company to close out a card: show no fear. Those people can smell fear even through a telephone. They prey on weakness. It happened to me. But I was strong and shut my ears to their temptation of higher credit limits. NO - I WILL NOT BE SWAYED!

6 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Lolita.........Co, you are a murderer. How could you end the life of Lolita when she brought you so much joy?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol...way to be strong. They always try to entice you into staying. Let us all say a prayer for Lolita...

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Who is Lolita's replacement?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Ernestine is the replacement. As is evidenced by the conservative style of her name, she's not nearly as liberal and understanding as Lolita about the spontaneous purchases. To be frank, Ernestine's a tight bitch. I already miss Lolita and the good ole days!!!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I find it just a little bit disturbing that you actually named a credit card...

;)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

R.I.P Lolita

...A moment of silence. If you're allowed to bring friends to Heaven, please ask if you can ask my own evil card to join you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home