Wednesday, November 02, 2005

D-Day

November 2nd. Today's a big day in the lives of many Americans. It's the anniversary of some of the most bitter defeats and the sweetest victories for various political figures. For me, this day holds an extra special meaning. This time last year, I ate a piece of pizza without feeling guilty. I drank a Coke that wasn't diet or sugar free. My belly probably hung right over my tightly fitting pants, and I didn't give it a second thought.
Ahh the good ole days...
But that all changed on November 2, 2004. D-day. Diet Day. The day of my first Weight Watchers Meeting. The day I would learn to obsessively attach a point-value to every piece of food that I touched to my lips. My friend Lisa put it best when she said (of the Weight Watchers Diet), "I've never weighed so little and felt so big!"
So damn you, Weight Watchers. Damn your obsessive ways. Damn your sodium-packed prepackaged meals that are meant to substitute for home-cooked food but that actually serve to raise your cholesterol to levels previously unrivaled. Damn your meeting leaders who are too food-starved to know how goofy they act when they try to lead the masses into food games. That's right, FOOD GAMES - "Name that point value" - where the prizes are actual Weight Watcher cookies and whatnot.
Ooh, cookies...
Focus, Courtney!
So today, in honor of my one-year anniversary, I'm eating a donut...and I'm walking 7 laps around my neighborhood to ease my mind of the guilt. Damn it!!!

5 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Ooooohhhhhh..... Donuts....

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I even go so far as to attach points to my husband's food.
"You know you just ate like 30 points right?"
He does.
He doesn't care like I.
*sigh*
Points rule my life.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Go for the Cheesecake, not the cookies if you are going to do it right. :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. Poor Courtney. Damn Weight Watchers!!! Evil mind controllers.

If it makes you feel better I'm going back on a diet Monday. I've been slacking MAJORLY and it's starting to show.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

Wait...so 'Brownie Points' are a bad thing?

Oh dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home