Monday, October 16, 2006

Perspective

Why is it that it always takes a tragedy to put life into perspective?
Today, one of my coworkers had a birthday party for her son, who was turning four. And while on the way to the birthday party, my coworker's mom was killed in a car accident.
It made me think about how quickly a joyful day turned into a tragic one, how my friend was on top of the world this morning before her world got turned upside down this afternoon.
It breaks my heart, how suddenly her life changed; and it scares me, how quickly happiness can turn to grief.
Above all, it makes me realize how little the "extras" in life matter.
At the end of the day all that matters is that you love and are loved, that you know God and where you're going at the end of this short life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home