Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Love...

I love this time of year. I love that I can walk outside with or without a jacket on and not feel too hot or too cold. I love that there's an ever-present breeze and an abundance of sunshine. I love that we aren't to the time of year yet where we have to mow the yard every week. Seriously, BEST time of year...

I love conversations with my buds: How Karen calls me her P.I.C. (partner in crime), how Lisa and I are constantly coming up with new names for Japan (ex: Japanamania, Japanica, Japanamaniamanica, etc.), how I can call to vent to Allison and Amy and end up cracking up about our "issues."

I love how Kevin surprises me now and then with PDA's and home-cooked meals. I love that he had steak and macaroni waiting for me when I got home on Thursday night. I also love how predictable he can be, and how I was not caught off-guard when he proclaimed Thursday to be "Co's dish night" since he did the cooking. I totally expected it...

I love drives to and from work at my new office. There is nothing like getting off a long day of work and being greeted by the ocean. I love that there are always people walking/biking/skating up and down the seawall, looking so happy and at peace. I also love being home 25 minutes after I leave work. I'm still not used to that...

I love that I have family nearby. That my grandpa pops in for coffee and a quick visit. That every Sunday, I can count on seeing my grandparents at church. That there's always an open invitation for dinner at my parents' house. That my brother comes by now and then to watch movies and chat.

I love general feelings of newness: new season, new office, new job, new coworkers, new scenery, new attitude.

...I'm sure that I won't be this way for long. Probably by tomorrow, I'll have something new to gripe about. But what an awesome day today is :)

2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

I love our email about nothing and something and all things at once!
I miss you my ladie friend.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I think I could be happy seeing the ocean everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home