Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Worst-Case Thinker:

Yep, that's me.
Had you talked to me a week ago, you would have met a girl who was totally sure that she would walk into her new office only to find a group of stuck-up biotches that hated her guts.
Fast forward to Tuesday, my first day on my new job.
I walk in to my new office, greeted by a "Welcome Courtney" sign on the dry erase board. I talk to the manager for an hour or so about anything and everything, I meet my new co-workers, who are super nice and outgoing. I go to lunch with a co-worker, who shows me one of the "good places" in town to eat. She's right: the food is great. I meet my mentor, who's awesome and who, coincidentally, teaches step aerobics at the gym located 20 feet from our front door. She invites me to attend her classes for free. I drive home, watching the ocean for the majority of my drive.
Don't get me wrong. I don't feel completely "at home" yet, like I did at my old office. Who knows if I ever will...but atleast it's promising. Things could definitely be worse.
On the downside: I miss my girls (and John) from A-town like crazy! CALL ME!

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

Yeah!
I am so glad your first day went well.
Your totally gonna be addicted to her step aerobics class. I can see it now.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger mindtwister said...

Wow! It sounds like the people at the new place are pretty cool :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home