Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekend

So Kevin and I recently added movie channels to our cable/internet/telephone bundle. More because Time Warner's offering a "free movies for a year" special, than for our burning desire to have a zillion channels available to us.
Never have I seen "You've Got Mail" playing on 8 channels at once before. Oh but it did. This weekend. RANDOM.
Last night, I found myself watching "Million Dollar Baby." Awesome show, but let me officially tell you that you should not watch it if you are the least bit emotional. I found myself hiding my face behind a pillow - much like I would do in a scary movie - waiting for the sadness to unfold. So tragic.

My brother's constantly telling me that I'm a movie-maker's dream. I feel all the emotions that I'm supposed to feel during movies, but in the most extreme way. When I watch a scary movie, I'm absolutely hide-my-face-scream-out-loud petrified. And then I spend the next few weeks/months/years feeling CERTAIN that a killer's living in my house, waiting for the exact right moment to get me. When I watch a sad movie, I get emotionally attached to the characters. And then I feel a loss when they die, and I do the red-face-eye-makeup-running sob cry when it's over with. It's what I do.

I should totally be a movie critic...

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

My husband laughs at me b/c whatever I watch, somehow I end up crying like my mom over anything. I always made fun of her when I was a kid and I guess that's karma kicking me in the ass for making fun of her.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen Ladder 49? I watched that one night while John was at work thinking I would have plenty of time to recover before he got home but he came home to a sobbing mess of a wife and thought that something was really wrong. After ten minutes of trying to compose myself ebough to tell him I had watched a movie he straight up laughs in my face. You would think he would know by now. Anyway, it's good you should watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home