Friday, March 23, 2007

New Coworker in Town!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written!!!
For the longest time, I was petrified because I no longer worked with Creepy Coworker. And let's face it people, most of my material came from observing him. But have no fear: there's a new interesting coworker about whom I can write.
Her name is Charlene. We love Charlene. She's the craziest woman EVER - but in a good way. She gets mad and spouts off strings of curse words like a woman with tourets. It's amazing.
Today, I had taken my break and gone to Academy to get some things for our upcoming office softball tournament. While I was there, I felt my cell phone vibrate in my purse, but was unable to pick it up before it stopped vibrating. And before I could even look to see who had called, the vibrating began again. So I picked it up, and of course, it was Charlene (who will henceforth be known as Crazy-In-A-Good-Way-Coworker - aka CIAGWC).
I answer the phone, only to hear, "Now what the shit kind of good does your cell phone do you if you don't ever hear it ring? I mean hell, you get a damn cell phone and put it on vibrate! What the hell does that do? OK, now I need you to pick me up some shoes while you're there. But I don't need any shoes, I've been on academy.com and saw these white and orange Reeboks for 29.99 - item number - wait, are you getting this because I don't want to have to take this shit back!"
So I finally break in to tell Charlene that she needs to get her own shoes, but she cuts me off:
"Now you know I just got paid today - And I'm damn sure gonna pay you when you get here, so don't act like I don't have any damn money!" I need a size 10, and a - oh, wait. I think Carol wants a pair too - hang on a minute...ok, make that a size 10 and a size 8."
So I'm laughing at CIAGWC, and I finally tell her that I give and I'll pick up her shoes while I'm at Academy.
She seems pleased at this, but adds quickly: "Oh, and I need a hat too. You know I gotta look good for the game. We don't have to win, but we have to look good."

You gotta love her!!!!