Monday, November 06, 2006

My Berle

So I went to see our recently blog-absent berly this weekend for her baby shower.
Got to see her beautiful house, which I absolutely loved. It's perfect for her - bright, open and full of color. Got to attend her baby shower, which was a lot of fun, and even got to help her sponge paint clouds all over Alivia's nursery. SO CUTE! There's this sign up behind the crib that says, "I love you to the moon and back." Couldn't be more perfect!
As I was watching her open her presents, it really hit me that she's going to be a MOM. As in, A REAL-LIFE MOM!!! LOL
I met Berly when she was this 18-year old college kid, going through all the "perils" of college - hard classes, boy troubles, etc. We were all going through it at that point. But we always managed to have fun, especially when we were jammin' out to "Cowboy" in her car while we searched for places to eat on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To this day I can not hear that song without thinking of Berle.
But as I was sitting in Berly's living room on Saturday night, sorting out Alivia's clothes and waiting for our husbands to get home from the Aggie football game, it hit me. My little Berly is all grown up :) And I couldn't be more proud of her...

And P.S. - pictures from this weekend to follow!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I totally can't hear "Cowboy" without turning it up and thinking of you.
Do you remember making the lists of places to eat and taking turns crossing them out till we decided?
Much fun. Much fun.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL - of course I remember that. We'd make this long list of every place that sounded remotely good, and then we'd alternate crossing off places until we were left with one, which would be the place where we'd eat that day. It was very reminiscent of that game that people played in jr. high called MASH I think - which of course accurately predicted that I would live in a "MANSION!!!" Ha
I zoned out on geology on more than one occasion while engaging in our food game...I don't remember the prof's name from that class, so I'll just deem him "DR. BORING." BLAH!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

And PS - we always ended up eating at the most fattening places on those days (i.e. CowHop)...notice Souper Salad was never on our list!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm SO happy for Berly. I just wish she would come back to blogger. I miss her.

You MUST post pictures ASAP. I've been dying to see some new ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home